Dr. Rosenberg has worked on many high-profile cases and advanced engineering projects for a wide range of Fortune 500 companies including Google, Samsung, Amazon, Boeing, IBM, Disney, Nintendo, Dell, AT&T, Motorola, Ericsson, LG, Sony, HTC, Mattel, United States Army and Air Force, NASA, Federal Aviation Administration and many others.
Dr. Rosenberg has been retained over 50 times, written over 40 reports and declarations, has testified in both State and Federal court, at 13 depositions, and before the USPTO. He has published 22 research papers in professional journals and proceedings relating to user interface design, computer graphics, and the design of spatial, stereographic, and auditory displays. Dr. Rosenberg is an accomplished software architect, software engineer, user interface designer, human factors and systems engineer, with extensive expert witness experience specializing in software, user interface, and human factors issues for embedded, mobile, web, desktop, and server software.
Dr. Rosenberg has been retained as an expert witness numerous times for both plaintiff and defense, assisting clients in intellectual property and trade secret cases in the areas of user interface, software design and architecture, and human factors for mobile, web, desktop, embedded, and server environments. He specifically specializes in software engineering, user centered design, information architecture, user experience, systems engineering, object oriented analysis, complex systems, and modeling and simulation. He has extensive experience in the entire software design and development life cycle applied to a wide range of domains, from mobile devices though enterprise class mission-critical applications.
- His company, Global Technica, has been a preferred engineering supplier to Boeing since 1996 designing, analyzing, and implementing numerous projects including advanced mobile, desktop, and server software used in the areas of Air Traffic Control, Missile Defense, Army communications, Unmanned Aerial Vehicles, Simulation, Command and Control, and Cyber and Homeland Security applications. He is an expert software architect and developer with the C, C++, C#, and Java languages.
- Dr. Rosenberg designed the first two-way pager for AT&T in 1995 and 1996. This very high profile project involved designing the feature set, user interface and user interaction design and specification, as well as all graphical design and graphical design standards.
- He is the founder and CEO of a Seattle technology company focusing on location tracking applications for GPS enabled smart phones as well as the inventor, designer, and author of several GPS mobile application software products currently available for iPhone and Android devices.
- Dr. Rosenberg was the Chief Technology Officer of DataPrism, a company that produces an object-oriented application platform for authoring and deploying rich networked solutions running in web browsers on mobile devices. DataPrism focused on virtualizing computing to allow applications to run in web browsers.
- He was the entrepreneur in residence for a well-funded Los Angeles based venture capital company, focusing on investments in mobile technology companies and entertainment media companies.
- He designed a complete VoIP phone system for the consumer market that included an extremely wide set of user interface features not typically found on household mobile phones such as Microsoft Outlook integration, YouTube integration, internet radio, file browsing and file sharing.
- He designed and developed interactive multimedia games as well as educational software for children and adults and was responsible for functional specification, software design and architecture, user interface design, application prototyping, software development, focus group testing, and internet research.
- While working on his Ph.D., he developed one of the very first spatial musical instruments that utilized multiple six dimensional spatial trackers to create and record electronic music.
- He developed a suite of device drivers to interface high end spatial tracking systems made by Polhemus and Ascension with computing systems made by Silicon Graphics, DEC, NEXT, Apple Macintosh, and IBM PCs.
- Dr. Rosenberg was the lead human factors engineer for Eyematic Corporation designing advanced facial tracking and facial recognition software for the entertainment and homeland security markets. He has designed and developed software for mobile, micro, server, embedded, and supercomputer platforms for the aerospace, defense, communications, entertainment, computer, manufacturing, and product development markets for over 25 years.
- He was the sole recipient of a $10,000 scholarship award from I/ITSEC for advancing the field of interactive computer graphics for flight simulation.
- He received a prestigious award from the Link Foundation for his work furthering the field of flight simulation and virtual interface design.
- He has won two clean energy engineering awards from the City of Los Angeles for the design of an energy saving product.
- He created five book covers for books by Harcourt Brace Publishing that feature the authors Arthur C. Clarke, Isaac Asimov, and Stephen King and his computer graphics animations appear in the movie Beyond the Mind’s Eye produced by MIRAMAR.
Dr. Rosenberg is a member of ACM, IEEE, and the Human Factors Society and has taught Human Factors and User Interface Design at the University of Washington.